Saturday, July 17, 2010

Report on Summer Animes...am I late?

Okay, I finally finished all of the Animes I was after for the Summer Animes, so finally, I get to review them! I have yet to watch Seikimatsu Occult Academy, though.

Second Cool Animes
  • K-ON!!: I was totally not expecting a second cool! Last season only ran 12 episodes with 1 on DVD, but this time it looks like a full 26 episode run. Recently I've been slacking off on watching K-ON!! (the last episode I watched was 8, currently the series is at 15 ^^;), so I can't really review, but this was something unexpected :)
  • Kaichou wa Maid-sama: I just started watching this today. Yes, it's a shoujo manga based anime, but it turned out MUCH better than I had expected.
The REAL Summer Animes
  • Kuroshitsuji II: A real cruel anime, or atleast for the first episode. I heard that this had a lot of comedy, but I didn't see that at all in the first episode. The second episode looks much more softer. I haven't seen the first season, so I can't really compare, but story wise this should fare well.
  • Asobini Ikuyo!: Takes place in Okinawa. An Alien girl happens to crash in an ocean near Okinawa and encounters this boy (I forgot his name already!). Although this sounded like a harem/ecchi anime, there were hints throughout the episode that hinted some seriousness.
  • Strike Witches 2: The panties girls are back XD The feel itself is like the first season, where the 501 squadron fights off the Neuroi attacks. Can't keep an eye off this one.
  • Shukufuku no Campanella: Oh boy, this one is going to be a darkhorse. When the previews were out, this one seemed like the most uninteresting one. The series come out, and it's a harem anime and actually has some substance to it.
  • HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD: Fell in love with this one at first sight. Although this one is a horror with a plot similar to that of Biohazard, the music and the effects make this one unique and very interesting.
  • Amagami SS: The controversial one of the season. Based on a Gal game Amagami, this one talks about how this boy tries to get a date. It makes you embarrassed as you watch.
  • Ookami-san to Sichinin no Nakamatachi: The title and the style of this anime makes it seem like it's for little kids, but actually not. See for yourself.
  • Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~: The infamous boob anime. The second season starts out with more serious action from the beginning, obviously with the usual comedy touch as well, however :D
AIC and J.C.STAFF are really cranking up their production level. I love both of them, but I hope they're not so over worked that their quality will drop and financially fail (like what happened to Slayers' E&G Works and Strike Witches first season GONZO).

Here's my top 5 "Animes that I expect goodness" ranking
  1. HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD
  2. Ookami-san to Sichinin no Nakamatachi
  3. Strike Witches 2
  4. Asobini Ikuyo!
  5. Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~