Friday, July 30, 2010

Kämpfer


★★☆☆☆
Author: Toshihiko Tsukiji
Director: Yasuhiro Kuroda
Music: Tatsuya Katou
Animation: NOMAD
Key Broadcaster: TBS

Summary
Natsuru Senou is a high school boy, who happens to have a crush on Kaede Sakura, an upperclassman. However, one day Natsuru finds himself a girl! He then finds out that he is a Kampfer and have to fight this "game" under control by "moderators" against enemy Kampfers.

Review
I watched this because it was fairly famous and someone had recommended me to watching it. This was bad beyond my imagination. The first three episodes were serious, and got me interested, but from then on it began to lag, and by the time the story hit climax, I couldn't really take it seriously. Also, the final episode was even worse, going way off the story line. I thought this was a great example of the trend where Mangas and light novels are being animated without much thought or story stock. The plot itself is pretty interesting, so I would give them a second chance at making a second season to make it have much more substance to the story. Oh, the little stuffed animals were interesting regarding their voices. If you have watched enough anime, you will understand XD. Rated PG-13 for people who can stand quite a lot of pervertedness and a guy turning into a girl :P